Comfortable room in a luxurious mansion in the center of Leuven
Type of cohouse
Private room + shared house
Room with lots of light on the 2nd floor of a characterful mansion in the center of Leuven, within walking distance of the station. Private sink in the room, walk-in shower and toilet. shared with one other person. The room is furnished with a double bed (160x200cm, box spring), desk/table, office chair, cupboard, and 3-seater sofa. The following common areas are available: bicycle shed, cloakroom, furnished living room, furnished kitchen, laundry room with washing machine & dryer, and garden. These rooms have been completely refinished. This is a co-housing project, domicile is mandatory. Rent is €580 per month. Fixed costs are settled via a monthly provision of €125.
In short: carefree co-housing in the center of Leuven, all costs are arranged by the managers through provisions, as well as the search for new tenants. This is not a "student house" but rather a young work environment.
Detailed description of the house: This is a beautiful art-deco house that was designed and built in 1950 by Victor Broos, a well-known Leuven architect, for him to live in. This master home was completely renovated in 2022 to the standards of contemporary comfort without sacrificing character. Many original elements are preserved. The doors with stained glass windows in the entrance and living room, the beautiful cloakroom including authentic hanging elements, and the stately staircase reflect the grandeur of this master home.
The specific floor plan and surprising size of this house (404m² living space) is perfect for co-housing. The following common areas are available:
• furnished living room of 31m² including sofa corner with television & streaming accounts; dining area with large table, sofa and chairs; and a large window to the garden,
• furnished kitchen of 20m² with a kitchen island and all typical kitchen appliances (2x induction stove, 2x oven, 3x microwave, etc.) and at least one refrigerator and freezer shelf for each room.
• furnished laundry room of 10m² with two washing machines, one dryer, a drying rack, and storage cupboards,
• a garden of 46m² with some trees, equipped with a garden table and chairs,
• bicycle shed in the house itself,
• a garage door where one car can park in and one car in front of it.
In addition to these common areas, the co-housing includes 10 bedrooms, 6 with a private bathroom and 4 that share a bathroom per pair. All rooms are furnished with a double bed (box spring), desk, sofa and cupboard. The living areas of these rooms vary from 16 to 40m², the rental prices from €580 to €805/month.
The fixed costs are settled annually, with a monthly provision of €125. Energy costs are minimized by properly insulating the house (EPC B) and the use of a smart heating system.
Since it concerns co-housing, we are looking for tenants who want to stay for at least a year.
- Kitchens: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Digital Tv or Netflix
- Washing machine
- Bicycle storage
- Storage possible